8 Reasons Why Korea has the Worst Productivity in the OECD
- Surprise surprise! Korea was recently named as the worst for productivity in the OECD which featured in a recent article by Business Korea. This news is not surprising for any foreign professional currently in ...
What's the source of the unrest in Venezuela?
- Writing from Venezuela, Steve Ellner looks at the evidence that implicates right wing forces as the source of the violence, In an article published at Venezuelanalysis.com.
California educator due in court Friday, accused on YouTube of sexual abuse
- (CNN) -- A California educator arrested after a former student accused her in a YouTube video of sexual abuse is scheduled to appear in court Friday morning.
Judge rules Duke must take “immediate” action to stop groundwater pollution at coal ash sites
- RALEIGH — After much debate over how to deal with coal-ash hazards at Duke Energy power plants in North Carolina, a Wake County Superior Court judge says the answer is to ...
Daniel J. Homick
Disney Interactive lays off approximately 700 employees
- "Disney Interactive has consolidated several lines of business as part of an effort to focus the division on a streamlined suite of high quality digital products," a Disney spokesperson said. "As a ...
Qatar to bar Saudis, Bahrainis and Emiratis from Harrods in response to ambassador withdrawal
- DOHA: Just a day after Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates announced that they were withdrawing their ambassadors from Qatar, sources in Doha have revealed a series of immediate responses.
Not so anon.
Chipotle Warns It Could Stop Serving Guacamole
- Chipotle fans will not be happy to hear that the Mexican fast food chain could temporarily suspend sales of guacamole and some salsas due to an increase in food costs. The company ...
Brian K. Babcock
China's Government Is Scaring Foreign Journalists Into Censoring Themselves
- “The visa question has insidious ways of sowing the seeds of self-censorship,” Dorinda Elliott, the global affairs editor at Condé Nast Traveler, wrote on ChinaFile last month. “I am ashamed to admit ...
First bankers, now BitCoin CEO found dead in apparent suicide in Singapore
- March 6, 2014 - A young American woman who ran the First Meta bitcoin exchange was found dead in her Singapore apartment last week. Police are investigating the "unnatural death". ...
Walmart and Peterbilt Have Created the Wild-Looking Turbine-Hybrid Big Rig of the Future [w/ Photo ...
- Yes, we usually restrict ourselves to passenger vehicles, but cool don’t lie, especially when it’s rolling on this many wheels and is packed with this much carbon fiber. Oh yeah, and a ...
Dunkin’ Donuts To Open 46 Locations In Sacramento Area
- SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento-area residents need no longer lament the fact that the nearest Dunkin’ Donuts location is hundreds of miles away, as the company announced Wednesday that 46 new restaurants will ...
Canada keeps rates steady, says weak inflation still a risk
- OTTAWA (Reuters) - The Bank of Canada continued to express concerns about weak inflation on Wednesday - even after consumer prices picked up markedly in January - and repeated that its next ...
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically by a computer program.