Measles Is Back, This Time in New York City. Should I Get Revaccinated?
- A measles outbreak has sickened at least 19 people in New York City. Many of the victims are children who were either too young to be vaccinated or whose parents chose not ...
Global Health News
GE Said in Talks to Buy France’s Alstom for $13 Billion
- An employee tests the electronic destination screens of a London Underground Northern Line train at Alstom SA's Traincare Centre in London. Photographer: Chris Ratcliffe/Bloomberg
Pure Storage Now Valued at Over $3B; Raises $225M to Maintain Fastest Growth in Storage ...
- Readers of this blog know how well Pure Storage has been doing in our mission to replace performance (oxymoron) disk arrays with All-Flash Arrays (AFAs). And now we have yet another proof ...
The right’s new public enemy No. 1: Why Thomas Piketty has conservatives terrified
- His new book reveals just how perilous capitalism can be. No wonder Ross Douthat is trying to brand him a Marxist
Halliburton reports $622m profits
- US oilfield firm Halliburton has reported better-than-expected first quarter profits, helped by robust drilling activity in Russia, Saudi Arabia and Angola.
Study: The newest corn biofuels may be worse for the climate than gasoline
- Cellulosic ethanol made from the leaves and stalks of corn plants might end up being worse for global warming than plain old gasoline — at least in the first five years. That's ...
RIL divests 30% stake in Peru oil block
- Reliance Industries has divested its 30 per cent stake in an oil and gas block in Peru to Australia's Woodside Petroleum and Pluspetrol of Argentina to trim its overseas properties. The company, ...
Primark to open its first US stores
- The company has been expanding internationally since 2006, when it opened its first store in Spain. Shops in the Netherlands, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Austria and France followed.
Apple's iPhone sales soar while the iPad slumps slightly
- It's that time again: Apple has just posted its Q2 2014 financials, and there are some interesting device sales numbers to peep at. Apple saw a big year-over-year jump in the number ...
Kraft Foods Recalls 96000 Pounds Of Oscar Mayer Products
- Kraft Foods announced Sunday it is recalling about 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer Classic Wieners because the product may contain Classic Cheese Dogs in the Classic Wieners packages. The company says...
After GitHub harassment allegations, Tom Preston-Werner is launching a virtual-reality startup
- Immediately following his controversial departure, former GitHub president and chief executive Tom Preston-Werner today announced his next step: “immersive computing” (aka virtual reality). Here’s an excerpt from Preston-Werner’s blog explaining his plans. A recent visit to Oculus VR ...
Blucora shells out $45M for explainer site HowStuffWorks
- Is there a 400 pound lobster out there? Doubtful, but that’s one of the questions posed on explainer site HowStuffWorks, which also features absorbing page-view sponges like Top 10 Family Guard Dogs. Here’s ...
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically by a computer program.