» Search results
Venezuela Election Results: Hugo Chavez Declared Winner
Venezuelans Turn Out to Pick a Leader
- Tensions Run High in Polarized South American Nation, as Leftist Chávez Faces Toughest Election in His 14-Year Presidency
President Hugo Chávez wins historic election in Venezuela
- Venezuelans hit the polls in force to choose a president to guide the nation of 30 million for the next six years.
Hugo Chávez Departs - New York Times
- With yesterday's resignation of President Hugo Chávez, Venezuelan democracy is no longer threatened by a would-be dictator. Mr. Chávez, a ruinous demagogue, stepped down after the military
Elsewhere In The World: Hugo Chávez Reelected As President Of Venezuela For The Third Time
- After calling his opponent Henrique Capriles “gay and Jewish,” Venezuela President Hugo Chávez is a happy man right now as he’s been reelected once again.
Hugo Chávez Wins Big, Gives Rivals Six More Years To Climb Out of Their Hole
Caracas on Oct. 7, 2012.Henrique Capriles Radonski and his supporters can take ...- LUIS ACOSTA / AFP / Getty ImagesSupporters of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez celebrate after receiving news of his reelection in
Venezuela Election: Hugo Chavez Sits On The Throne For 6 More Years
- Chávez won narrowly against a youthful rival who has galvanized Venezuela’s opposition, Henrique Capriles, who had accused the flamboyant incumbent of unfairly leveraging to his advantage Venezuela’s oil wealth to finance his ...
Smart Reads October 8, 2012
- After the weekend, we have some educational pieces for you: Hugo Chávez, Venezuela’s socialist president, has won another six-year term, frustrating the opposition’s best chance of beating him after 14 ...
Hugo Chávez wins Venezuelan presidential election
- Chávez, who has led Venezuela for nearly 14 years, won 54.42 percent of the vote against former Miranda Gov. Henrique Capriles last night.
Hugo Chávez: a victory of enduring charisma and political mastery
- An opposition victory, said Hugo Chávez, was as likely as snow in Maracaibo, a furnace of a city in western Venezuela. When hail subsequently fell on the city last month – reportedly ...
(One) Exit Poll Shows Hugo Chávez Losing [Update: Poll is Wrong.Chávez Wins]
- “The people who reelected Chavez today know exactly what they voted for. They know about crime and violence. They know about inflation and scarcity. They know about vulgarity as a way of ...
Six More Years: Hugo Chávez Wins a Third Term in Venezuela
- Ariana Cubillos / AP Ramon Espinosa / AP More Photo Galleries View Again New Yorkers Reflect on 9/11 Snapshots of the Heavens - ...
Hugo Chavez wins re-election bid in Venezuela
Chávez re-elected in Venezuela
- Hugo Chavez has been re-elected for a fourth term as Venezuelan president, winning 54.4% of the vote. The incumbent beat Henrique Capriles, who was being backed by 30 opposition groups, with turnout ...
Hugo Chávez wins Venezuelan election, securing fourth term in office
- © AFP/Getty Images/Leo Ramirez Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez tweeted "Thank you, my God. Thanks to everyone. Thanks my beloved people!!! Viva Venezuela!!!! Viva Bolivar!!!!!
Hugo Chávez wins re-election in Venezuela
- Hugo Chávez has won his fourth election in Venezuela, earning another six-year term as president. The election, the closest of Chávez's 14 years in power, thwarted the chances of his main rival ...
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically by a computer program.