Deadly meningitis outbreak leads to legal battles
- A security guard looks out from the front doors of pharmaceutical compounding company NECC, a producer of the steroid methylprednisolone acetate, in Framingham, Massachusetts(Reuters / Jessica Rinaldi)
- Oct 12 (Reuters) - The deadly outbreak of fungal meningitis expanded to 12 states with the first case confirmed in Texas, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Friday, bringing ...
- New York Daily News First lawsuit filed over major US meningitis outbreak Fox News One of the 14000 patients who was administered a potentially tainted steroid injection has filed the first lawsuit ...
federal regulation of compounding pharmacies, which have periodically been blamed for crippling and sometimes fatal injuries. But this ...- The deadly meningitis outbreak linked to contaminated pain injections has prompted calls for tighter
- One of the 14,000 patients who was administered a potentially tainted steroid injection has filed the first lawsuit over the deadly U.S. meningitis outbreak. The lawsuit was filed Thursday in ...
- WBFF FOX45 Baltimore - Top Stories - Meningitis Cases Rise to 14 in MD - Maryland health department officials are now reporting 14 meningitis cases linked to a spinal steroi
- Two new patients in their 50s have come down with meningitis after receiving shots of potentially contaminated steroid medication, officials said. ...
Coral Reef Senior High has died from bacterial meningitis at a local hospital.Health officials have sent a students home with a letter, urging them and their parents to watch ...- A student at
Jersey Healthcare's Regional Medical Center in Vineland.VINELAND — Two new cases of fungal meningitis linked to a batch of tainted steroid injections have been reported by the N.J. Department ...- View full sizeSouth
- FRIDAY Oct. 12, 2012 -- The meningitis outbreak linked to contaminated steroid injections is now being blamed for 185 infections in 12 states, U.S. health officials reported Friday.
Coral Reef Senior High School, Death, John Schuster, Miami-Dade Schools, Student Healthy ...- Reporting Kelly Sedano Filed under Local, News, Syndicated Local Related tags Bacterial Meningitis,
- The latest heath, science, and medical news, healthy living tips and fitness advice and more from Philly.com, The Philadelphia Inquirer and the Philadelphia Daily News.
- Team Members: Dom Weiss Wayne Williams Gareth Williams Richard Taylor Mike Heywood Steve Rowbotham Robert Heywood Simon Collins Phil Clayton Kurt Forster Neil Taylor Matt Gardner and more see below
- The Department of Health announced that the cases of fungal meningitis in Florida have risen to nine. A 52- year old woman and a 79- year old woman are being treated after ...
- The NECC fungal meningitis outbreak is not your typical pharmaceutical case. Most drug injury cases involve some defect in the warning or design of the drug. This case is different because the ...
Minnesota Woman Sues Pharmacy ABC News A Minnesota woman is the first person to sue the compounding pharmacy at the center of a fungal meningitis outbreak that has ...- ABC News Meningitis Outbreak:
England Compounding Center, responsible for the fungal meningitis outbreak. (Associated Press/Minnesota Department of Health) Today, the Texas Department of State Health Services ...- Vials of the injectable steroid product made by the New
England, new england compounding center, Southlake, steroid, Texas Department of State Health Services Health Photos ...- Filed under Health, Local, News, Syndicated Local, Syndication Related tags injection, Meningitis, New