City of Vancouver embraces 'Meatless Monday'
- The movement aims to educate people about how eating less meat or going meat-free entirely can reduce their carbon footprint, minimize water usage and improve health.
1200-yr-old lost city existing before Angkor Wat discovered in Cambodia
- A lost medieval city that thrived on a mist-shrouded Cambodian mountain 1,200 years ago has been found using revolutionary airborne laser technology, according to a report.
‘Space girls’ 50 years after Valentina
- Written for the Space Safety Magazine together with Merryl Azriel The first female astronaut Valentina Thereskhova was a controversial hero but became a role model It’s been fifty years since the first ...
Cheetahs' speed is only half the story, study finds
- A study of wild cheetahs found that acceleration, agility, and maneuverability play a big role in the the speedy felines' success as hunters.
The Future of the Pacific Ocean Hangs in the Balance
- SYDNEY, Jun 8 2013 (IPS) - The immense scale of the Pacific Ocean, at 165 million square kilometres, inspires awe and fascination, but for those who inhabit the 22 Pacific island countries ...
New Lizard Species Named After Jim Morrison
- Jim Morrison of The Doors, who famously slithered around in tight pants on stage, was known as “The Lizard King.” Now scientists have named a newly discovered prehistoric enormous lizard after the ...
OK Sen. Jim Inhofe Claims Liberal Media, Senators Exploiting Tornadoes With Climate Change Theories
- The accusation stems from a speech made by Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) and Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) over Memorial Day that called for more urgency is addressing climate change. Inhofe, who has long ...
The Continuing Collapse of the Global Warming Hoax
- While the nation tries to come to grips with the cascade of scandals involving the Obama administration, a significant phenomenon has been occurring. It is the demise of the global warming/climate change ...
Le Roux Nel
The hotel that's ship shape! South Korean holiday destination that is designed to look like ...
- Thankfully, the ship's setting is deliberate, as someone decided to take the full cruise experience and drop anchor on dry land for the first hotel of its kind.
Robert Fogel has died
- ROBERT FOGEL, a Nobel-winning economic historian and pioneer in the use of quantitative methods in economic history, has died at the age of 86. The University of Chicago has an obituary here, ...
You might need this: 15 simple romantic gestures that say ‘I love you’
- It doesn’t always take a grandiose declaration of love to get your message across. Much of the time, it’s those little somethings and sweet nothings that help you stay connected for the long haul. ...
ARKYD Is a Crowdfunded Orbital Space Telescope You Can Control
- Help Planetary Resources launch its telescope into orbit and you might be able to take it for a spin yourself.
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically by a computer program.