Women, child among dead after boat sinks off Somalia
- (CNN) -- At least 55 people have drowned or are missing after a boat capsized off the Somali coast on Tuesday evening, the United Nations Refugee Agency said Thursday in a statement.
Nairobi, will be required to move to the Dadaab refugee camp complex in north-eastern Kenya, while those from ...- Thousands of refugees and asylum-seekers from Somalia living in urban centres including the capital,
Christian who had been receiving death threats for leaving Islam, area ...- If you're new here, you may want to follow me on Twitter. Thanks for visiting!Gunmen in central Somalia killed an underground
- The agency quoted five of the survivors as saying the boat was overcrowded and ran into trouble almost immediately after leaving the port of Bosaso, in the northern Somali region of Puntland.
international borders as irregular migrants - lacking official documentation or approval ...- ADDIS ABABA-DJIBOUTI, 21 December 2012 (IRIN) - More people from the Horn of Africa region, especially Ethiopia and Somalia, are crossing
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND H.E. HASSAN SHEIKH MOHAMUD, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SOMALIA ON ...- JOINT COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE CONCLUSION OF A MEETING BETWEEN H.E. MWAI KIBAKI,
- French commandoes on Saturday attacked a base of Islamist militants in Somalia in an attempt to rescue a French hostage, possibly to prevent reprisals against him in the wake of France’s military ...
- According to our information, the French hostage Denis Allex the DGSE was killed during an attempted rescue operation on the night of Friday to Saturday. One or more members of the commando ...
- Paris (dpa) - A Frenchman being held hostage in Somalia since 2009 was killed by his captors during a French rescue bid, the Defence Ministry in Paris said Saturday.
- Defense Ministry: Hostage killed, 2 French soldiers, 17 Somalian fighters also killed; French secret agent held hostage in Somalia for 3 years alive: Al Shebab
MOGADISHU (Reuters) - French military helicopters attacked a base belonging to al Shabaab insurgents in southern Somalia to rescue a French secret agent held hostage since 2009, a rebel spokesman said-
Mogadishu, Somalia (CNN) -- The chopping sound of helicopter blades and volleys of gunfire startled residents of a Somali town out of their sleep Friday night, when paratroopers raided an Islamist militant ...-