» Search results
Troops raid Somali town in attempt to rescue hostage
Mogadishu, Somalia (CNN) -- The chopping sound of helicopter blades and volleys of gunfire startled residents of a Somali town out of their sleep Friday night, when paratroopers raided an Islamist militant ...
Women, child among dead after boat sinks off Somalia
- (CNN) -- At least 55 people have drowned or are missing after a boat capsized off the Somali coast on Tuesday evening, the United Nations Refugee Agency said Thursday in a statement.
DJIBOUTI-ETHIOPIA: Irregular migration continues unabated
international borders as irregular migrants - lacking official documentation or approval ...
- ADDIS ABABA-DJIBOUTI, 21 December 2012 (IRIN) - More people from the Horn of Africa region, especially Ethiopia and Somalia, are crossing
Kenya: Amnesty Slams Govt on Refugee Directive
Nairobi, will be required to move to the Dadaab refugee camp complex in north-eastern Kenya, while those from ...
- Thousands of refugees and asylum-seekers from Somalia living in urban centres including the capital,
Holmås visits Somalia
International Development Heikki Eidsvoll Holmås met President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud in Somalia's capital Mogadishu. Today he will meet ...
- OSLO, Norway, December 21, 2012/African Press Organization (APO)/ -- On 20 December, Minister of
BREAKING:- The hostage Denis Allex killed in a French attack in Somalia
- According to our information, the French hostage Denis Allex the DGSE was killed during an attempted rescue operation on the night of Friday to Saturday. One or more members of the commando ...
French hostage in Somalia killed during rescue bid
- Paris (dpa) - A Frenchman being held hostage in Somalia since 2009 was killed by his captors during a French rescue bid, the Defence Ministry in Paris said Saturday.
Breaking News: French commandoes’ Somalia raid rescue goes wrong, hostage dead?
- Defense Ministry: Hostage killed, 2 French soldiers, 17 Somalian fighters also killed; French secret agent held hostage in Somalia for 3 years alive: Al Shebab
55 drowned after boat sinks off coast of Somalia
- The agency quoted five of the survivors as saying the boat was overcrowded and ran into trouble almost immediately after leaving the port of Bosaso, in the northern Somali region of Puntland.
Somalia: Journalist Arrested for Interviewing Reported Rape Victim
Nairobi — Somali authorities should immediately release a freelance journalist who has been in custody in Mogadishu since Thursday for interviewing a woman who claimed she was raped by government soldiers, the ...
Presidents of Kenya and Somalia Joint Communique
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND H.E. HASSAN SHEIKH MOHAMUD, PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SOMALIA ON ...
- JOINT COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE CONCLUSION OF A MEETING BETWEEN H.E. MWAI KIBAKI,
Christian Father of Five Gunned Down for Leaving Islam
Christian who had been receiving death threats for leaving Islam, area ...
- If you're new here, you may want to follow me on Twitter. Thanks for visiting!Gunmen in central Somalia killed an underground
Two Somali Pastors Shot
International Christian Concern's Jonathan Racho agrees with that statistic and says the overwhelming numbers make it difficult to ...
- Experts at the missions think-tank the Joshua Project estimate Somalia is 99 percent Muslim.
Somali pirates release longest-held hostages after 33 months
pirates for almost three years have been freed after a two-week-long siege by maritime police, the government ...
- BOSASSO, Somalia (Reuters) - A ship and its crew of 22 sailors held by Somali
Somalia: Puntland Frees 22 Pirate Hostages, Arrests 8 Soldiers for Hijacking
government forces rescued 22 hostages after a two week standoff with Somali pirates holding the MV Iceberg 1 off of the coast of Puntland's Mudug region, Garowe Online reports.
- Galkayo — Puntland
Somalia: Pirates free 22 hostages after nearly three years of captivity
Iceberg 1 ship were freed after a two-week operation by maritime police in Somalia's breakaway region of Puntland.
- The hostages from the Panama-flagged MV
French forces launch raid on Somali militants
- French commandoes on Saturday attacked a base of Islamist militants in Somalia in an attempt to rescue a French hostage, possibly to prevent reprisals against him in the wake of France’s
Somali rebels say France attacks to rescue secret agent
MOGADISHU (Reuters) - French military helicopters attacked a base belonging to al Shabaab insurgents in southern Somalia to rescue a French secret agent held hostage since 2009, a rebel spokesman said
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically by a computer program.