» Search results
The World’s Most Powerful Climate Change Supercomputer Powers Up
- A fish-eye view of some of the Yellowstone supercomputer's 100 racks. An iconic scene from Yellowstone National Park is featured mosaic-style on the ends of each rack.
Why We Need a Supercomputer on the Moon
- It would be a mammoth technical undertaking, but a University of Southern California graduate student thinks there’s a very good reason for doing this: It would help alleviate a coming deep-space network ...
$100 Supercomputer – so close I can taste it!
- But the main reason is that I really like Andreas and the folks at Adapteva – I remember a couple of years ago when Andreas left his job, disappeared down into his ...
NCAR Weather Supercomputer Comes Online Today
- The NCAR-Wyoming Supercomputing Center in Cheyenne, Wyoming opens its doors today, unleashing a powerful supercomputer on an ambitious agenda of experiments that will improve predictions of earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes.
Parallella: The $99 Ubuntu Supercomputer for Everyone
- Imagine the pace of innovation, change and breakthrough that could happen if supercomputing was made affordable, accessible and adaptable to the average developer. It’s a dream that isn’t far off becoming ...
Energy Department kicks off its giant Titan supercomputer with thousands of Nvidia and AMD chips
- The Oak Ridge National Laboratory has completed work on the world’s fastest “open science” supercomputer, dubbed Titan. The system is powered by thousands of microprocessors from Advanced Micro Devices and graphics chips ...
NVIDIA Powers Titan, World's Fastest Supercomputer For Open Scientific Research
Titan Supercomputer with Hybrid Design Debuts
- While we here on the forums try to reach the highest 3DMark scores we can, the researchers at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) have been working to build the world's fastest supercomputer ...
'In the Water, a Supercomputer and a Population of Dolphins'
- Yesterday, I mentioned that Navy researchers had a white whale on their hands who tried to imitate human speech. And along the way, I noted that the art and architecture collective Ant ...
Personal supercomputer for only $100!
- , and – working in his basement and living off his pension fund – single-handedly invented a new computer architecture. Andreas designed his own System-on-Chip (SoC) from the ground up – Including ...
IBM’s Watson Expands Commercial Applications, Aims to Go Mobile
- Watson’s nerve center in Yorktown Heights, New York. In the past couple years, we’ve watched IBM’s supercomputer Watson mature at an alarming rate. A mere concept birthed five years ago, the cybernetic ...
Cray's Jaguar supercomputer upgraded with NVIDIA Tesla GPUs, renamed Titan
- Cray's Jaguar (or XK7) supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory has been loaded up with the first shipping NVIDIA Telsa K20 GPUs and
Linux share in Supercomputer OS
- Linux accounts for as much as 94.2% share as Supercomputer OS! This might come to you as a pleasant surprise, but indeed, Linux outshines anyother operatin
NantHealth Introduces Supercomputer for Cancer Genome Analysis
- NantHealth has collaborated with AT&T, HP, Intel and Verizon on a supercomputer to reduce the time required to analyze the genomic data of cancer patients.
Google fractals reveal Earth's beauty, as collated by WA supercomputer scientist
- A PROFESSOR from Perth has employed Google Earth to collect an awe-inspiring series of satellite photos showing fractal patterns around the world.
Top U.S. supercomputer guns for fastest in world
science computer, is going live on Monday with an upgrade that will likely make it the fastest supercomputer on the planet. At 20 petaflops ...- Titan, the U.S. Department of Energy's top open
Worlds Top Supercomputer Simulates the Human Heart
- Sequoia, the most powerful supercomputer (for now) and a 2012 PM Breakthrough Award winner, was built to model nuclear weapons explosions. But before the machine goes fully classified, scientists used its incredible ...
Supercomputer simulates the heart with record accuracy
- Sequoia, currently the world's most powerful supercomputer, was built for upkeep of nuclear weaponry. But researchers have put it to work on a groundbreaking simulation of something a bit more salutary: the human heart.
Update 19: New Rewards and Add-Ons · Parallella: A Supercomputer For Everyone
computing accessible to everyone.- Adapteva is raising funds for Parallella: A Supercomputer For Everyone on Kickstarter! The Parallella project will make parallel
Parallella: A Supercomputer For Everyone (Kickstarter) - 29 hours left
- This project has been blogged here almost a month ago. Now they are closer to their deadline ($105,345 needed). Recently they've provided many interesting updates on the project (I wish they've done that sooner).
The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically by a computer program.